Washington D.C. – Brooks Kushman principal Lissi Mojica will participate in the third annual GW Law Conference Post-Grant Practice Roundtable Discussion on September 28, 2017 in Washington D.C. at The George Washington University Law School. The half-day program consists of patent leaders from academia, industry and government to provide attendees many perspectives as speakers discuss the post-grant practice at the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) and how post-grant proceedings continue to change the practice of patent law.
Topics to be explored include:
- Statistics and Trends in AIA Post-Grant Proceedings
- Constitutionality of Post-Grant Proceedings (Oil States)
- Partial Institutions (SAS)
- Developments in Real Party-in-Interest at the PTAB and in Practice
- Amendments (Aqua Products)
- Appealability of Institution Decisions (Wi-Fi One)
- Presenting a Compelling Case – As Seen from PTO and Practitioners
- Use of Declaratory Evidence with use of Preliminary Response
- Sur-Replies During Pre-Institution or Post-Institution
- The Use of Sovereign Immunity by State Institutions to Terminate IPRs
- Federal Circuit Review of PTAB Decisions
- Legislative Developments – Hearings and Proposals
- PTAB Outreach to Solicit Suggestions for Improving Post-Grant Procedures
- The Road Ahead for Post-Grant Proceedings
Mojica is recognized as a global leader in post-grant proceedings. Her practice includes all aspects of post-grant proceedings, and she specializes in appeals to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office’s Patent Trial (USPTO) and Appeal Board. She also focuses on patent quality and patent examination matters. Before moving to the private sector, Mojica acted as an examiner with the USPTO for nearly 20 years. In that position, she launched and became the director of the Central Reexamination Unit (CRU), which works to safeguard the quality and consistency of reexamination proceedings and to reduce pendency.
Mojica holds a Master in Business Administration from Marymount University as well as a Bachelor of Science in Aeronautical Engineering from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.
For more information about the roundtable, click here. If you would like to attend, register by clicking here before September 21, 2017.
About Brooks Kushman P.C.
Brooks Kushman P.C. is a leading intellectual property (IP) and technology law firm with offices across the nation, and represents clients nationally and internationally with respect to protection, enforcement and monetization of IP, including patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets. The firm has more than 90 intellectual property professionals specializing in various technical disciplines, and has a reputation for providing leading IP counseling with a focus on the business objectives of their clients.
Brooks Kushman counts a number of Fortune 100 companies across a variety of industries among its clients. The firm is also recognized by leading legal publications and rankings, including Corporate Counsel magazine, U.S. News & World Report, Law360, Intellectual Asset Management, Managing Intellectual Property, and Intellectual Property Today.For more information, please visit www.BrooksKushman