Southfield, Mich. - Brooks Kushman is proud to announce that six of the firm’s shareholders have been named “IP Stars” by Managing Intellectual Property (IP) Magazine. Brooks Kushman was also recognized in the top tier as a “Highly Recommended” firm in the United States for each ranking: Patent Contentious, Patent Prosecution, and Trademarks.
The comprehensive guide published by MIP lists leading IP firms and lawyers across more than 80 countries. Managing IP recognized Brooks Kushman attorneys Frank Angileri, Sangeeta Shah, Libby Janda, Mark Cantor, Marc Lorelli, and John LeRoy as IP Stars. Angileri and Cantor were recognized as both Trademark Star and Patent Star; Shah, Lorelli, and LeRoy were recognized as a Patent Stars; and Janda was recognized as a Trademark Star. Lorelli was also recognized by the publication as being Michigan’s IP Litigator of the Year.
- Frank Angileri serves as the President of Brooks Kushman, and co-chair of Brooks Kushman’s Post-Grant Proceedings practice. He focuses his practice on IP litigation. He has been named an “IP Star” since 2013 and was recently recognized as Michigan’s “IP Litigator of the Year”.
- Sangeeta Shah is Brooks Kushman’s CEO and co-chair of the firm’s Post-Grant Proceedings practice group. Her practice is primarily focused on post-grant challenges and patent opinions. She represents several Fortune 500 clients for whom she provides strategic counseling and guidance on their global IP portfolios. She has been on the list of “IP Stars” since 2014.
- Elizabeth Janda serves as co-chair of Brooks Kushman’s Trademark practice, managing substantial trademark portfolios both domestically and internationally in a variety of industries. She has been on the list of “IP Stars” since 2013.
- Mark Cantor is one of the founders of the firm. His practice focuses on complex litigation matters in all technology areas, and he has been named an “IP Star” since 2013. In 2016, he was a part of the team of trial attorneys who secured the largest trademark verdict in Michigan history.
- John LeRoy serves as the co-chair of the firm’s Patent Litigation practice as well as the chair of the firm’s Standard Essential Patent Practice. His practice focuses on patent, trade secret and copyright litigation in the software and electrical arts, and he also started the firm’s Open Source Software Compliance practice. LeRoy was recently recognized as Michigan’s “IP Litigator of the Year,” and this is his fourth year being recognized as an IP Star.
- Marc Lorelli is the Co-Chair of the firm’s Intellectual Property Litigation practice. His practice focuses on patent, trademark, trade secret, and copyright litigation. Lorelli was recognized as Michigan’s “IP Litigator of the Year.”
According to Managing Intellectual Property magazine, IP Stars ratings are based on research of over 1,000 interviews and surveys completed by partners and law firms active in the United States. Additional research is conducted through discussions with clients and leading in-house counsel, while also reviewing public information and coverage.
To learn more and see the full list of firms and attorneys recognized, click here.
About Brooks Kushman P.C.
Brooks Kushman P.C. is a premier intellectual property (IP) and technology law firm dedicated to the advancement and protection of innovations and brands that propel businesses around the world. With offices in Michigan and California, we work alongside corporations, small to medium sized businesses, and leading universities to protect their intellectual property assets. Our attorneys have a broad range of experience in industries and technologies, including consumer electronics, manufacturing, medical device, computer technology, aerospace, chemicals, biotechnology, and retail.
Brooks Kushman counts a number of Fortune 100 companies across a variety of industries among its clients. The firm is also recognized by leading legal publications and rankings, including Corporate Counsel magazine, U.S. News & World Report, Law360, Intellectual Asset Management, Managing Intellectual Property, and Intellectual Property Today. For more information, please visit www.BrooksKushman.com.