In this webinar, Brooks Kushman shareholders Isaac Slutsky and Rachel Smith discussed the revised guidance to examiners and other USPTO personnel concerning the evaluation of subject matter eligibility under 35 U.S.C. § 101. 84 Fed. Reg. 5 by the USPTO, and review potential strategies to maximize the benefit from the changes, while avoiding potential downsides.
• What cases the revisions will affect
• How the revised guidelines will impact subject matter eligibility questions for patents involving abstract ideas
• How the revisions will help to streamline Alice/Mayo analysis in the future
• How to submit comments on the guidance
• What is the “practical application” aspect of the analysis of claims moving forward