Six lawyers from Brooks Kushman P.C. have been named to the 2009 Super Lawyers list, more than any other Michigan firm in the intellectual property (IP) categories. The Super Lawyers list recognizes outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. In addition, two up-and-coming lawyers from the Southfield, Mich.-based IP and commercial law firm were named to the 2009 Rising Stars list.
“I`m honored to not only be included in this year`s Super Lawyers list, but to share that honor with seven of my colleagues,” said Mark A. Cantor, president of Brooks Kushman. “To earn recognition from your peers is one of the highest measures of praise any attorney can receive, and it substantiates our commitment to excellence and providing our clients with unparalleled, cost-effective service and expertise.”
The Brooks Kushman lawyers that have been named to the 2009 Super Lawyers list in the Intellectual Property Litigation category are:
- Mark A. Cantor, president, registered patent attorney and professional engineer, leads the firm`s litigation practice. One of the founders of the firm in 1983, Cantor has been involved in much of the major litigation handled by Brooks Kushman;
- Frank A. Angileri, shareholder, registered patent attorney and corporate secretary, whose practice covers a full range of IP matters, is involved in most of Brooks Kushman`s appellate work in addition to serving as lead counsel for numerous clients, including Ford Motor Co.;
- Thomas A. Lewry, shareholder and registered patent attorney, serves as the head of Brooks Kushman`s patent litigation group. His litigation practice addresses a wide-range of IP matters and often involves the representation of high-tech companies; and
- Robert C.J. Tuttle, shareholder and registered patent attorney, is one of the firm`s key litigators. Tuttle works closely with his clients to thoroughly understand their objectives and utilizes his rich familiarity and facility with the applicable case law, statutes, rules and regulations to devise the best course of action to meet clients` goals.
The Brooks Kushman lawyers that have been named to the 2009 Super Lawyers list in the Intellectual Property category are:
- William G. Abbatt, shareholder and registered patent attorney, has an active IP practice that includes counseling, patent preparation, prosecution, enforcement, transactions and licensing; and
- John E. Nemazi, shareholder and registered patent attorney, heads the patent prosecution group at Brooks Kushman, where he provides a unique service that combines elements of law, marketing and design.
The Brooks Kushman lawyers that have been named Rising Stars for 2009 are:
- Matthew M. Jakubowski, shareholder and registered patent attorney, utilizes his strong background in various engineering disciplines to assist clients in prosecution and litigation matters; and
- John S. LeRoy, shareholder and registered patent attorney, focuses his practice in patent litigation and appeals in the software, electrical and mechanical arts. He also manages and actively participates in the firm`s pro-bono program.