Southfield, Mich. - Brooks Kushman is proud to announce six of the firm’s shareholders have been named “IP Stars” by Managing Intellectual Property (IP) Magazine. Brooks Kushman is also the only firm to be recognized in the top tier as “Highly Recommended” for each ranking: Patent Contentious, Patent Prosecution, and Trademarks. The comprehensive guide published by MIP lists leading IP firms and lawyers, and covers more than 80 countries. Brooks Kushman attorneys recognized as IP Stars by the publication are President Mark Cantor and Shareholders Frank Angileri, Elizabeth Janda, John LeRoy, Sangeeta Shah and Robert Tuttle.
Angileri, Cantor and Tuttle were recognized as both Trademark Stars and Patent Stars. LeRoy and Shah were recognized as Patent Stars, and Janda was recognized as a Trademark Star.
- Cantor serves as the President of Brooks Kushman, and one of the founders of the firm. His practices focusing on complex litigation matters in all technology areas, and he has been named an “IP Star” since 2013. In 2016, he was a part of the team of trial attorneys who secured the largest trademark verdict in Michigan history.
- Angileri is co-chair of Brooks Kushman’s Post-Grant Proceedings practice, and focuses on IP litigation. He was also named as Michigan’s “IP Litigator of the Year” for three years, and has been named an “IP Star” since 2013.
- Janda serves as chair of Brooks Kushman’s Trademark practice, managing substantial trademark portfolios both domestically and internationally in a variety of industries. She has been on the list of “IP Stars” since 2013.
- LeRoy’s practice focuses on patent, trade secret and copyright litigation in the software and electrical arts, and he also started the firm’s Open Source Software Compliance practice. LeRoy was recently recognized as Michigan’s “IP Litigator of the Year,” and this is his third year being recognized as an IP Star.
- Shah is Brooks Kushman’s co-chair of Post-Grant Proceedings and Chief Diversity Officer. Her practice is primarily focused on post-grant challenges and patent opinions. She represents several Fortune 500 clients for whom she provides strategic counseling and guidance on their global IP portfolios. She has been on the list of “IP Stars” since 2014.
- Tuttle’s practice at Brooks Kushman focuses on IP litigation. He works closely with clients across a variety of industries on litigation matters covering all aspects of IP strategy including patents, trademarks and trade secrets. Tuttle was named Michigan “IP Litigator of the Year” in 2013, and has been an “IP Star” since 2013.
According to Managing Intellectual Property magazine, IP Stars ratings are based on research of over 1,000 interviews and surveys completed by partners and law firms active in the United States. Additional research is conducted through discussions with clients and leading in-house counsel, while also reviewing public information and coverage. To learn more and see the full list of firms and attorneys recognized, click here.
About Brooks Kushman P.C.
Brooks Kushman P.C. is a leading intellectual property (IP) and technology law firm, and represents clients nationally and internationally with respect to protection, enforcement and monetization of IP, including patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets. The firm has more than 90 intellectual property professionals specializing in various technical disciplines, and has a reputation for providing leading IP counseling with a focus on the business objectives of their clients.
Brooks Kushman counts a number of Fortune 100 companies across a variety of industries among its clients. The firm is also recognized by leading legal publications and rankings, including Corporate Counsel magazine, U.S. News & World Report, Law360, Intellectual Asset Management, Managing Intellectual Property, and Intellectual Property Today. For more information, please visit www.BrooksKushman.com.