Southfield, Mich. – Brooks Kushman is proud to announce that eight of the firm’s shareholders have been named “IP Stars” for 2022 by Managing Intellectual Property (MIP) Magazine. Brooks Kushman was also recognized in the top tier as a “Highly Recommended” firm in the United States for Trademarks.
The comprehensive guide published by MIP lists leading IP firms and lawyers across more than 80 countries. Managing IP recognized Brooks Kushman attorneys Frank Angileri, Sangeeta Shah, Robyn Lederman, Mark Cantor, Elizabeth Janda, John LeRoy, Marc Lorelli, and Christopher Smith as IP Stars. Cantor was recognized as both Trademark Star and Patent Star; Angileri, Shah, Lorelli, LeRoy, and C. Smith were recognized as Patent Stars; and Lederman and Janda were recognized as Trademark Stars.
- Frank Angileri serves as the President of Brooks Kushman. He focuses his practice on IP litigation. He has been named an “IP Star” since 2013 and has been recognized as Michigan’s “IP Litigator of the Year” in prior years.
- Sangeeta Shah is Brooks Kushman’s CEO and co-chair of the firm’s Post-Grant Proceedings practice group. Her practice is primarily focused on post-grant challenges and patent opinions. She represents several Fortune 500 clients for whom she provides strategic counseling and guidance on their global IP portfolios. She has been on the list of “IP Stars” since 2014.
- Robyn Lederman serves on the Executive Committee and is co-chair of the firm’s Trademark practice. She has significant experience representing worldwide trademark portfolios for her multi-national clients. Lederman counsels on pre-filing strategies, global enforcement efforts, and brand protection programs. She works closely with clients to help the business adopt trademark use practices to bolster and support registered and common law trademark rights.
- Mark Cantor is one of the founders of the firm. His practice focuses on complex litigation matters in all technology areas, and he has been named an “IP Star” since 2013. In 2016, he was lead counsel for the team of trial attorneys who secured the largest trademark verdict in Michigan history.
- Elizabeth Janda serves as co-chair of Brooks Kushman’s Trademark practice, managing substantial trademark portfolios both domestically and internationally in a variety of industries. She has been on the list of “IP Stars” since 2013.
- John LeRoy serves as the co-chair of the firm’s Patent Litigation practice as well as the chair of the firm’s Standard Essential Patent Practice. His practice focuses on patent, trade secret, and copyright litigation in the software and electrical arts, and he also started the firm’s Open Source Software Compliance practice. LeRoy was recognized as Michigan’s “IP Litigator of the Year” in 2018 and has been recognized as an IP Star since 2016.
- Marc Lorelli is the Co-Chair of the firm’s Intellectual Property Litigation practice. His practice focuses on patent, trademark, trade secret, and copyright litigation in Courts throughout the United States. In addition to litigation, Lorelli is heavily involved in strategic counseling involving patent procurement and trademark protection. Lorelli was recognized as Michigan’s “IP Litigator of the Year” in 2020.
- Christopher Smith concentrates his practice on intellectual property litigation, with a primary emphasis on patent and trade secret litigation, including PTAB disputes. In addition to litigation, Smith is involved in IP licensing and the preparation of invalidity and infringement opinions. This is his first year being recognized on the list of “IP Stars.”
According to Managing Intellectual Property magazine, IP Stars ratings are based on research of over 1,000 interviews and surveys completed by partners and law firms active in the United States. Additional research is conducted through discussions with clients and leading in-house counsel, while also reviewing public information and coverage.
To learn more and see the full list of firms and attorneys recognized, click here.
About Brooks Kushman P.C.
Founded in 1983, Brooks Kushman P.C. has built a national reputation as a premier intellectual property and technology law firm. We accomplish this with the understanding that the most effective IP solutions come from putting great minds together—our clients and our own. With offices in Michigan, California, Washington D.C., and Nevada, we forge strong relationships with corporations, small to medium-sized businesses, and leading universities across the country.
Brooks Kushman counts a number of Fortune 100 Corporations across a variety of industries among its clients. Our attorneys have a deep understanding and broad range of experience in a variety of industries and technologies, including consumer electronics, manufacturing, medical device, computer technology, aerospace, chemicals, biotechnology, and retail. We are also recognized by leading legal publications and rankings, including, Best Lawyers, Law360, Intellectual Asset Management, Managing Intellectual Property, and World Trademark Review. For more information, please visit www.BrooksKushman.com.