SOUTHFIELD, Michigan – Brooks Kushman attorneys Robyn Lederman, Molly Crandall, Hope Shovein, Jennifer Ziegler, Erica Klazmer, and Fatima Kassem have been chosen to serve two-year terms on International Trademark Association (INTA) committees.
Their committees are:
Robyn Lederman – Anticounterfeiting Committee
- In this role, Lederman will work with a group of her peers and INTA leaders to focus on understanding and evaluating anticounterfeiting procedures worldwide. Robyn will begin work with the Committee in 2024 to review treaties, laws, and regulations related to anticounterfeiting enforcement practices. The aim is to understand, educate, and advocate for strong brand protection policies to support brand owners and protect consumers against infringement.
Molly Crandall – Public Information Committee
- In this role, Crandall will create digital content to inform the general public about trademarks and brands. Committee work includes researching, writing, editing, and updating online resources as well as exploring new ways of presenting information to target public audiences, which include educational institutions, entrepreneurs, marketing experts, policy makers, designers, and the media.
Hope Shovein – Unreal Campaign Committee (second term)
- In this role, Shovein will be advancing INTA’s consumer awareness initiative designed to educate young consumers (ages 14-23) about the importance of trademarks and brands and the dangers of counterfeit products. Committee members plan and participate in presentations to students – either virtually or at schools and public events.
Jennifer Ziegler – Brands for a Better Society Committee
- In this role, Ziegler will be researching and analyzing brand involvement in advancing corporate social responsibility (CSR) principles in business and brand development and protection. The Committee raises awareness of strategies for brands to get involved in pro bono and CSR initiatives, best practices, and the benefits to brand value of such a commitment. It oversees the operation and promotion of INTA’s Pro Bono Clearinghouse.
Erica Klazmer – Famous and Well-Known Marks Committee
- In this role, Klazmer will develop and advocate INTA’s policy on the balanced protection of famous and well-known marks. The Committee monitors and analyzes developments in treaties, cases, legislation, and regulation in various jurisdictions, and proposes policy recommendations to the Board. Committee work includes writing reports and submissions, and advocacy in conjunction with relevant committees and staff.
Fatima Kassem – Academic Committee
- In this role, Kassem will support law students and professors through the development of member benefits and services and programs designed to meet their specific needs and advance their careers. Committee work includes developing and reviewing content and course materials, identifying speakers and moderators for educational events, and initiating and implementing programming – all for the academic community.
INTA is a global association of brand owners and professionals dedicated to supporting trademarks and complementary intellectual property (IP) to foster consumer trust, economic growth, and innovation, and committed to building a better society through brands.
About Brooks Kushman P.C.
Founded in 1983, Brooks Kushman P.C. has built a national reputation as a premier intellectual property and technology law firm. We accomplish this with the understanding that the most effective IP solutions come from putting great minds together – our clients and our own. With offices in Michigan, California, Washington D.C., and Nevada, we forge strong relationships with corporations, small to medium-sized businesses, and leading universities across the country.
Brooks Kushman counts a number of Fortune 100 Corporations across a variety of industries among its clients. Our attorneys have a deep understanding and broad range of experience in a variety of industries and technologies, including consumer electronics, manufacturing, medical device, computer technology, aerospace, chemicals, biotechnology, and retail. We are also recognized by leading legal publications and rankings, including, Best Lawyers, Law360, Intellectual Asset Management, Managing Intellectual Property, and World Trademark Review. For more information, please visit www.BrooksKushman.com.